Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jam with bread.................

Last night as I was making jam and bread, the song from "Sound of Music" kept rolling through my brain - you know - "Doe a deer, a female deer.....", they sing "jam with bread and bread with jam" at one point in the song............anyways, just a little trivia for you.

We didn't have a lick of jam or bread in this house and I was home alone and was feeling like being domesticated :-) (whatever that means?)
I normally just make strawberry and raspberry jam. This year I decided to make straw/rasp mix jam! It turned out great! The sweetness of the strawberries, with the tartness of the raspberries.

The bread is just my usual homemade bread - 4 loaves that will be gone in no time!
Tonight I'm home with no agenda and Randy is working late so , what will it be...................lazy sitting on my duff in front of the tv, or will I actually make it to my scrappin' room?!?!

Stay tuned..........................

NOTE: I just went to add the pics that I took in the jam and bread process and they are on the camera at work!!! I will add pics later!

EDITED: Here are the pics from the jam and bread night. I will post the bread recipe tonight. Also....................................it was a tv kind of night - Emily wanted to watch a movie, so I spent time with my daughter - that choice will always win out!! Love that girl!

3 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

And a recipe too please :D I'm always looking for good bread recipes that make a lot of loaves in a short amount of time.

Tami said...

Bread recipe?

The Kingsborough Queen said...

i would have never thought to combine the two. i started making jam 5 years ago, and i LOVE it. it never even crossed my mind to mix the two berries though...good to know. i think i will try it some time.