Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Have you ever had one of "those" days?

So, last Wednesday was the day! I have been wanting to pull out my fall decorations, and I am off on Wednesdays, so that's the day it has to happen! Two weeks ago it was 85 degrees and I just couldn't pull out the fall stuff. Sooooooooooooooooo, last week was the day. It was a great day to light a candle, put on the music and dig in.

USUALLY I am a start a project one at a time, finish it, and move on.

BUT on this day................................not so much! I had so many things I wanted to do, that by 5pm I had all of this pulled out...........................................

Sorting files in my office........................
Decided to rearrange my living room..................................
Unpacked all my fall decorations and had them strewn out all over..........................
At 5pm, I had added the mess from making dinner and had hamburger browning on the stove...............and Randy walked in...............only to find me sitting at the piano "tickling the ivories"!! :-) He kind of looked at me strange and walked back out!

Don't worry, I got it all done and cleaned up before bedtime. Next post will be of the finished product. It's nothing grand, but I love the fall time touches!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, have you ever had one of those days?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Janice, that is my everyday. I can't start and finish because I get interupted! Then, due to lack of sleep, I can't remember what I was doing, so I start a new project. By days end I have 10 things going, so I put the kids to bed at 7pm and then finish everything before I'm in bed at 10pm! :-) Good to know I shouldn't expect it to change in the next 20 years!

Musicmom-Amy said...

Continually!! And there are times I don't get it put away before bed :(

michele said...

I am a little embarrassed to admit - about 50 % of the time I have "one of those days!"