Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Monday, October 11, 2010

A scrumptious appetizer.....................

A while back my friend Julie made an appetizer for me!  Absolutely marvelous, scrumptious, delicious (notice how all those good sounding words end in ous?  I'm just sayin'). 

Tonight I had a few girlfriends for dinner and I decided to make this appy..........
Scrumptious Appetizer
(honestly, my friend didn't write down a name!!)
1 sheet Puff Pastry
2 onions, sliced thin
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 T. Brown Sugar
1 T. Balsamic Vinegar
Brie Cheese
Blue Cheese crumbles
Remove Puff Pastry from freezer and let sit 30 min.
  Add oil to large skillet and cook onions until caramelized, then add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Cook about 10 min.

Slice Puff Pastry into 3 sections (follow the lines in the dough that are there from being folded).  Place on parchment paper or silpat on cookie sheet.  Put onion mixture directly on puff pastry. Crumble blue cheese on top of onions and place slices of brie cheese without the rind.

Bake at 425 degrees for 15 min.  ENJOY!!  This one is a dazzler!!

3 comments:

berrymama said...

Can't wait to try!

His Amazing Grace said...

Janice!! I found your blog and I would say you need a FABULOUS new Demarle at Home Perforated Baking sheet for that Silpat you're using...I just happen to know where you can purchase one :)
April

berrymama said...

It was awesome!! Thanks for sharing!