Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

TOLO night.............

Saturday evening was Tolo in Lynden - does anyone know what that word means, or is it an acronym?  All I know is it means lots of planning, shopping, primping, etc, is involved.

We didn't have anyone to do Emily's hair, so she was just going to do it herself (she had a great attitude about it).  I felt bad for her, but hair is not my gift!  I was praying that God would provide or help me figure out what to do - I mean - hair is the icing on the cake - so to speak :-).  About 3:30 that afternoon my friend Katie's name popped in my head - she's not a hairstylist but is awesome at "updos".  I called her and she said - absolutely!!  (See - God cares about the details!)So we hopped in the van and headed over.
When we got home the girls started arriving.  Everyone met at our house for pics (mine are horribly blurry - someday I'll get a real camera).


Here's the whole gang - sorry it's so blurry - it's the only one I have.
Here's Em and her date........


Then we served them dinner (my friend Susan came to help - her help was SO appreciated!!). (Notice how the boys sat at their own table ?!?!?!)
Before they headed out the door I got a quick pic with my daughter.  I am looking tired and yuk - I was a little exhausted after the dinner for 25 the night before and then turning around and making dinner for the Tolo group................
The kids came back after the dance and watched a movie, so I was up until 3am.  Needless to say - we skipped church and slept in! 

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Emily is beautiful -looks like a fun night with friends.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.