I had a zealous list here waiting for me, instead I made a latte' and sat in front of the fire and watched TV when I got home at 4pm. The chores will be here later this week.
I did have to make bars last night for our Women Unplugged at church tonight, so I tried a new recipe. Found it on AllRecipes.com ........................Emily gave it a thumbs up - so did I!
CAN'T LEAVE ALONE BARS
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs and oil. With floured hands, press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45-60 seconds longer or until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.
Creamy chocolate filled yuminess!!! Super simple too! I love recipes that use cake mixes! Try them. The comments on the site said to try different combinations of cake mixes and chips ie: white cake mix w/white choc chips, Choc cake mix w/butterscotch chips, etc.
Enjoy your Tuesday - SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!