Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

the best laid plans......................

.............get blown out of the water when you have to go to Bellingham on a Monday and come home with a sinus headache :-(!  I swear - is there a day that is less busy in Bellingham?!?!  Honestly, I am so sick of it (notice my ranting here!). Saturday Marla and I went to the Mt. Vernon Walmart and Costco - and they were better on a Saturday then Bellingham on a Monday.

I had a zealous list here waiting for me, instead I made a latte' and sat in front of the fire and watched TV when I got home at 4pm.  The chores will be here later this week.

I did have to make bars last night for our Women Unplugged at church tonight, so I tried a new recipe.  Found it on AllRecipes.com ........................Emily gave it a thumbs up - so did I!

CAN'T LEAVE ALONE BARS

Ingredients

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cubed

Directions

  1. In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs and oil. With floured hands, press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside.
  2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45-60 seconds longer or until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
  3. Drop by teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.


Creamy chocolate filled yuminess!!!  Super simple too!  I love recipes that use cake mixes!  Try them.  The comments on the site said to try different combinations of cake mixes and chips ie: white cake mix w/white choc chips, Choc cake mix w/butterscotch chips, etc.

Enjoy your Tuesday - SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!

No comments: