Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy 24th Nathan!

Yesterday was Nathan's 24th birthday, so we celebrated with a nice dinner here at home with friends.  We started on the patio (the sun finally showed up about 5pm) while Randy barbequed the flank steak.  It was a beautiful evening and the company was relaxing.
When I asked Nathan what he wanted for dessert - I pretty much had guessed what he wanted - but he confirmed it with..."the usual" :)  I don't know if I've ever posted our family birthday dessert but I don't feel like going back and looking through the last 3 1/2 years of blogging.  So if you've seen this before - I apologize!

Oreo Dessert
16 oz Pkg Oreos
8 oz. Pkg Cream Cheese
Lg. Instant Choc. Pudding
1/4 c. butter/melted
1 c. powdered sugar
1 16 oz. Cool Whip
Crush oreos well (I use a food processor) and reserve 1/2 the crumbs for the topping.  Add remaining 1/2 of crumbs with butter and press into 9x13.  (At this point I put it in the freezer to firm it up good).  

Blend softened cream cheese and powd. sugar, add a little milk to make it spread easily, and spread it over the crust.

Spread 1/2 the Cool Whip over the cream cheese layer.

Mix choc. pudding according to pkg directions and pour it over the Cool whip.  Top with remaining cool whip.  Sprinkle with reserved oreo crumbs.  

Refrigerate for several hours before serving.

(PS I don't use the whole pkg of oreos because it just seems like too much on top for me.  I use 1/2 the pkg for the bottom and then use about 1/2 of what's left to put on the top.)

1 comment:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!
Will have to make this dessert for my chocolate, pudding, oreo loving husband!