Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pasta and Guiltless Alfredo!

As some of you know, I have loved the blog Mennonite Girls Can Cook for finding new recipes.  I have loved every recipe I have tried from their site!

Another blog I love for recipes is Our Best Bites - they love bacon and butter like I do and their writing style is hilarious.  Monday night I decided to try a recipe I had seen a few times and had never made.

The recipe itself is called Baked Chicken-Bacon Alfredo and it was a WINNER!  When you go to the recipe you will see she calls for a batch of Guiltless Alfredo Sauce - now I am a HARD CORE Alfredo Sauce lover, and don't you go messing with my Alfredo.  My daughter is also a lover of alf and that is why we pay $3 for a SMALL dish of it at Olive Garden to drag our breadsticks through - ok I digress, back to the recipe.

It was all very simple to make, the sauce was, well it was FABULOUS.  My daughter declared that it was as good as the alf from Olive Garden!  Wow!

I chopped the artichokes really fine, if it were just Randy and I they would've been left just like this!
I just feel so "with it" when I drag my laptop over to follow a recipe.
Who wouldn't want a plate full of that?!?!  I didn't use all the sauce as there seemed to be quite a bit, so we used it to drag our homemade rolls through - the next best thing to Olive Garden Breadsticks!

Whatcha waiting for - what's for dinner tonight?

No comments: