Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Monday, September 26, 2011

A weekend with my sister...........

It's been 20 years since my sister Lisa from Portland has been up here for a visit.  When I saw her in July she decided to come up this fall and this last weekend was it.  She arrived Friday late afternoon.  I showed her where I work at Grandiflora and then we went out for Thai food and went to see "The Help".  This was my 2nd time seeing the movie and I loved it again!

Saturday, Emily had a soccer game out at Friday Harbor so Randy, Lisa and I hopped on the boat and headed out there.  It was a beautiful day for soccer and a boat ride!


Captain Randy giving Lisa a lesson on Map reading
Lisa said these were scariest 3 minutes of her life!
 



It was a great weekend and  obviously Saturday was the calm before the storm! It was good to spend time with Lisa.  She has overcome so many obstacles in her life and she is a beautiful, successful, smart and sensitive lady - and I am proud of her!

1 comment:

Holly said...

What a great visit!!! So glad you got to do so many things!! Great day for Em to be playing at Fri. Harbor!!

Didn't know you knew Camas...why haven't you shared? Will definitely go back...I'll call you next time!