Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Friday, April 3, 2009

My baby is 14!

I'm posting this today because tomorrow morning Emily, my mom and myself are heading to Corvallis,OR to spend a few days with my brother and his wife. My Uncle Jack(my dad's brother) lives across the golfcourse from my brother, so we will get to spend time with he and Aunt Mary too!

Anyway - all this to say - tomorrow is Emily's birthday so we did our traditional Birthday breakfast this morning before school. She has had this every year (on the celebrate plate) for as long as I can remember! Waffles with strawberries and whipping cream - and a candle of course!

She is so grown up - I can't believe she's 14 and going to start high school this fall!!

So, to help her celebrate I sat down and had a waffle too - how indulgent is that!! My neighbor/friend called me last night about 7 and asked if I wanted to go for a walk. We had starting trying to walk regularly in February (which may I remind you was warmer and dryer than March), and then with all the rain we haven't been walking for weeks. When she asked if I wanted to go I said "NO", but knew I'd better get moving! We walked a good 2 1/2 miles last night - do you think that was enough to justify the waffle :-).



I will be gone until Tues. but I will try to post from my brother's house - he's got laptops laying around everywhere, so shouldn't be hard! Enjoy the sunshine that's coming - sorry I'm going to miss it up here!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Happy 14th Birthday Emily!
Those waffles look sooooo good, I grabbed a nutri-grain bar on my way out the door this a.m.--not so good.