Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas - a day late!

Yesterday was Christmas, so I'm a little late in my greeting.

We had a wonderful relaxing day! We started with breakfast - orange bow knots, scrambled eggs, and sausage..............
Then we opened our stockings - no wrapped gifts this year.....................
Then it was such a beautiful day, we actually sat outside on the patio and had coffee with the friends (we even turned the heater off at one point because it was so warm - quite a contrast to last year!)..................................
Christmas Eve was our traditional family dinner of flank steak before church. We had a guest chef in the house - he did an AWESOME job!
Today Nathan took Brandon, Emily and I shopping and out for lunch. What a treat - he spoiled us! He's so generous and enjoys treating others!

Tonight my brother and his family come in from Oregon to stay with us a few days, and tomorrow the whole Brim clan is coming over - fun times! I love having everyone together! I know how I love it when I have all my kids together - I can only imagine how my mom feels when all of us kids are together!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

The orange bow knots are sooooo good, and I really enjoyed the coffee on the patio. Looking forward to the New Years celebration with my dear friends.