Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2 restful days in a row, at home - WOW!

Yesterday was just a delightful day! Randy decided to take the day off, we had coffee, did some dreaming about some outdoor home projects (can you believe we've been in this house 1 1/2 years and the projects aren't all done :-), and then we called Jeff and Kathi last minute and headed to Mt. Vernon on a research trip! Hopefully this project we're dreaming about will come to fruition and I'll be able to share pictures of progress.

We got home about 2 and I just putzed around the house for the next few hours, cleaning, DUSTING - yikes!, rearranging some decor, and taking down the garland with lights and snowflakes above my cabinets - I mean who am I kidding - I'm never going to get that snowstorm I wanted :-( ! I know it CAN happen, but all the forecasters seem to be saying "not this year". We got married Feb 21 and there had been snow on the ground for a couple weeks, and we woke to a fresh 7 inches that day - so it can happen- but most likely not this year!

Our Valentines Dinner was AWESOME!! Of course once we got there, we moved right into appies and I was so relaxed and enjoying the company, beautiful table, tasty dinner, etc.I completely forgot to take any pics :-(. We had Beef Bourganeon (However you spell that!) served with pasta, and french bread and a yummy salad! I'll have to get the recipe and share - it was fabulous!! Thanks Deb!

Here are a few pics of the dessert I made for the night.................
add some pink frosting and sprinkles - I love sprinkles!!!
Now I'm afraid these things have got to go - they're beautiful - but I love "frosting lifters" (isn't that a much more fitting name?) way too much!!!
The main dessert..........creme brulee', if you've never made it, you have to try! It's so awesome and EASY! My favorite - good ol' vanilla! I added the sugar and torched the tops just before we indulged!
Back to reality today - good thing I LOVE my job! I think I'd better bring some frosting lifters for everyone at work today :-)♥♥♥♥♥♥

4 comments:

Holly said...

I didn't even get a picture of my cookies!!!! Good thing they're gone and not home alone with me all day!!!
Glad you've had lots of r&r and happy anniversary next week!!

Unknown said...

project? Can't wait to hear what it is. Gotta love a good home project!

one blessed mama said...

you are SO the Susie-homemaker. i want to be you.

Kathi said...

My mouth is watering just looking at those sugar cookies - I didn't get any this Valentines Day-- but I did get some great gifts from my sweet hubby and a day at the Olympics!