Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A little R&R..............................

Last Wed. night I headed to Boise to spend a few days with my BFF Judy and her family. I try to get over at least once a year and I always am so sad to leave when it's time to come home.

Judy and I are "foodie friends", and if you don't know what that means you won't "get" this picture!! :-)
We picked up a chocolate cake that they had been sampling at the store (we're such suckers - what can I say - it was NUMMY!!), and Thurs, evening we had the kids cover their eyes...........................(Notice we put forks in their hands too!!)..............................
......then we told them to open their eyes and the 4 of us dug in.................. I must say those McKays know how to have fun!!
This is how I spent a lot of hours while I was there. Either a latte' or diet coke in hand reading scrapbooking magazines! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Just what the Dr. ordered after my January!!!
This was Hailey's week to be Star Student, so Friday Judy and I headed to school to hear Hailey do her "presentation" on herself and then we "stole" her away from school early and went out for Ice Cream! I love being an "Aunt" that can spoil!!!
Hailey is taking piano lessons, so I got to play a duet with her - I LOVE IT!! Keep practicing Hailey - you're doing awesome!! A natural!!
I didn't get any pictures with Spencer - but I had a blast with him. He's 16 and such a fun kid! We went out for ice cream my last night there. Spencer is the best big brother anyone could ever have - I'm so proud of him!

Back to reality, but I love being home! I worked yesterday, came home made tater tot casserole, enjoyed dinner with Randy and Emily and then putted around in my office until I fell into bed (see previous post) from exhaustion and was asleep by 9:15!!

P.S. I did work on my Daily December album and I only have 2 days to go.............pictures of completed project coming soon!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

What a fun get-away...special times with friends are so awesome!

I can't believe you only have 2 days to go on your album! I haven't touched mine since we got together at Kathi's. Story of my life!!