On June 23rd, it was 2 months since Nathan's accident. In some ways time has flown, and in other ways, it has seemed to drag on!
Yesterday, Nathan decided to try out crutches, and he likes them better than using the walker............so this is progress. It looks pretty cool to see him standing up tall instead of leaning over a walker.
Small, but new happenings:
1. Nathan has gone to hang out with friends a couple times (he even went out for Mexican food with Blake last night).
2. Nathan wore jeans for the first time yesterday - just one of the very little things that puts a smile on mom's face!
3. He is down to 1/10th of the meds he came home on from the hospital, and we hope to be off them in the next week or so.
4. Last week we saw Dr. Gary Bergman in Bellingham in regards to Nathan's hand. He has agreed to take over the hand portion of Nathan's case since he needs to be seen more frequently for this. It looks like Nathan may be having surgery on his hand this Wednesday to remove pins and to get in and look at the tendon.
5. The knee is not bending great - it's at 65 degrees out of what ultimately should end up at 120+. When we were at Harborview they mentioned that they might have to do a manipulation surgery on it. The sound of this is horrid - and at first Nathan said "no way". Last night he said "let's do it and get it done". What they do is put Nathan under, and then go in and "reef" on his leg and break up the muscles and scar tissue that are adhering and MAKE the knee bend. :-0
6. Nathan is gaining weight- about 25 pounds more to go.....................
Continue to pray as Nathan is struggling with some depression. His friends are leaving on July 1st for 10 days in Cancun - a trip he had booked to go on too! This is hard for him..................
We still have PT 4 times a week, and I try to fit in work where I can. Emily is working in the berries. Brandon is working in Bellingham at DIS, my brother's business. Randy is full time in Seattle. Life is busy. Friends are faithful. God is good!
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
This verse is such an encouragement...........and I rest in it's promise!