Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How does your garden grow?

A couple weeks ago on a Saturday - when the sun was actually shining, Randy and Emily planted the garden. Now, when Randy told me he wanted a garden this year I had flashbacks to the last garden we had - the rows were about 100 ft long (no joke) and it was GINORMOUS!! I figured he would go small this time. Once again - I've decided Randy's life motto must be, "go big, or go home" :-). The rows are only about 40 ft long, and there are 12 rows and then mounds of potatoes, cukes, pumpkins etc.




We have 6 rows of corn, so if you drive by and see me sitting by the road with a little table of corn - please stop and buy some from farmer Randy! Just kidding - I'll give it away - so call and come by and pick some in August!! At least I hope August - if summer doesn't show up pretty soon, we may be eating fresh corn in October!!

Tonight - a rehearsal dinner for 40 here with our faithful friends coming to help! We did another one in November and it was great so we're going to have a run at it again!

3 comments:

Katie Bedient said...

I'm jealous! I always wanted a vegetable garden! I just love reading your blogs. Your so sparkly and bubbly. :) Love & miss you guys!

Musicmom-Amy said...

You 2 are just SO amazing!! You never cease to amaze me with all you do!

Holly said...

My garden has been shivering for almost 2 months now...I may need to get full grown vegies from you!!!
Have fun tonight!!