Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

3 more days.......

It's Sunday morning and Randy, Brandon and Emily have headed to church, so I thought I would post a blog update.

Again, not much to post about "progress", except he does continue to cut back on meds and this means more appetite (which he DESPERATELY needs to gain weight) and more of Nathan being Nathan :-) !!

We head to Harborview in 3 days. I anticipate this being a BIG day, and would ask that you pray for positive reports and a day of encouragement! I think we are a little hesitant and a little nervous to hear news of more surgeries or being told that he can't start trying to walk yet. PRAY!

Yesterday I had the privilege of meeting 2 phenomenal people!! I've been wanting to stop and thank the people who live in the house right where the accident happened. We had been told their names and that they were at Nathan's side working with him. I just wanted to introduce myself and give them the opportunity to come see Nathan if they would like......and, they would like, so this evening they are coming down to visit with us.

After meeting them and talking with them, having them walk me through the accident site, showing me where Nathan landed, where the bike landed, etc. it was yet ANOTHER confirmation of how God was so in control of EVERY circumstance in that situation. Gary has training and knew what to do, and really connected with Nathan. He told me that as he was helping Nathan he just kept thinking that God had obviously spared this boys life and was going to use this in a mighty way to make him who he is supposed to be. Lord, I thank you for Gary and Terri and allowing them to be the hands and feet of Christ to our son!

I can't wait for them to meet Nathan and Randy tonight. Just a sidenote, but Gary was on Ski Patrol up at Mt. Baker years ago - what a coincidence since both Randy and Nathan have been patrollers!!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong, and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

To God be the glory for his great and mighty works and for the grace and mercy he has bestowed on our family!!

No comments: