Nathan's surgery is set for Thursday morning - we hope!
This weekend Nathan had an ingrown toenail that decided to get infected. I called Harborview today just to see if he should get on some antibiotics ahead of time and they freaked out.
To make a very frustrating day and about 2 dozen phone calls into a short story here's where we stand.
Nathan saw Dr. Caldwell today,( bless his heart for fitting him in his crammed schedule in about 45 minutes), and he said there is no more draining and that he sees no sign of infection but gave him a prescription to start right away.
Meanwhile, before I even could call to tell them that Dr. Caldwell felt good about it, Harborview called me and said that Dr. Rout is concerned and wants to reschedule!!! I asked them to please call Dr. Caldwell because he felt it was good to go. They did, and now we have to wait for Dr. Rout to be back in the office tomorrow before we get the final answer.
I explained to the nurse that I appreciate the fact that they don't want to take him into surgery with any infection in his body - he's already going to be at high risk for infection with this surgery. But we have absolutely rearranged out lives for this surgery. Canceled our family vacation, gotten people to stay here with Em, gotten school shopping done, worked extra hours, Randy left for Seattle today and will meet us down there AND the worst part frankly, is Nathan is in pain from this extra bone and waiting for this surgery the last 2 weeks has been excruciating for him.
Please pray that we will get the go ahead tomorrow....................this is one fried and emotionally exhausted momma!