Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Surgery date is set

Surgery date is set for Thurs., Aug. 19th, and then we have to pray that Nathan doesn't get bumped because of another trauma coming in. I'm sure Nathan bumped someone (or two) when he was flown in!

This will be the most major surgery Nathan has had yet. It was last a minimum of 5 hours, and they tell us to expect to be there at least 5 days! Now, don't get me wrong, I AM thankful for Harborview and Dr. Rout, but the thought of going back is a little overwhelming.

Nathan is bummed he has to wait 2 weeks, he is ready to get it done and start moving his knee! I will explain it in Non-Surgeon terms! They are just going to cut from his rear down to his knee alongside his leg, remove the extra bone, fillet the muscle up off the femur (it's stuck there), and break up scar tissue on his knee, and manipulate it and get that knee bending. Sounds pretty intense to me!

Of course, for me, the hardest part is not being able to plan........... what things will look like when we bring him home, what his needs will be, how long will he be down, will he be able to drive........etc! All the mommy questions.

Pray for Nathan as he waits for the next 2 weeks - and especially pray he won't get bumped!

How appropriate - this was the verse for today by my sink.........

"Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24

2 comments:

Lori said...

just read thru backward from now to before the accident. You guys have really been 'thru the ringer'. It's an amazing tetimony how God has sustained you thru it all. As I look at Nathan's pictures, I can't get over how he reminds me of Brett. In the back of my mind, I've kind of prepared myself for the possibility of getting that phone call too as I know he drinks alot when he's playing with his band at clubs late at night.
We'll continue to pray that God will heal Nathan's excess bone problem ASAP thru surgery or otherwise. How is his walk with God going? Better I hope.
Now that I have your proper blag address,I'll try to keep up with it better.
Love your music choices!!!
Hang in there...you're daily in our thought and prayers.
Much love >Lori

Anonymous said...

will be in prayer.
may the Lord continue to bless and hold you in His mightly but gently hands:)

susi