Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Remember embossing powder and glitter.....?

Well here it is Monday and I think summer is over. It was still a beautiful fall today (it is officially fall today)!! So in honor of fall - I made a "summer style" card! :-) Actually, I didn't intend to make a summery card at all. Friday evening I was craftin' with 3 of my girlfriends and I embossed something in red for one of the gals and it was beautiful! I had forgotten how fun and pretty embossing is. So today I was resolved to use embossing powder!! The card is not very fancy, but it is fun and I pulled out 3 - yes 3! oldie but goodies!! Embossing powder, glitter and last but not least - THE CRIMPER!! Remember your ol' friend the crimper! He misses you! The flower is embossed in red, I put glitter in the middle of the flower and I crimped the red paper behind the flower. It's hard to see all that - but it's pretty cute!



This is the 2nd of the 3 projects that we will be making at our October Stamp Club workshop - can you tell I'm still trying to tantalize a few of you into joining us?!?! I will have a date set by the end of this week for our first club so there's still time to call or email me (rjkorthuis@comcast.net) and join! I will post the 3rd project later this week!

This card uses the Eastern Blooms stamp set (pg. 91- still 15% through Sept. 30), Bashful blue and Real Red CS (pg. 164&165), confetti white CS (pg.166) Real Red Craft Ink Pad (pg. 164) , Versamark Ink pad (pg. 193)Clear Embossing Powder&Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (pg. 190) and 1/2"Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (pg. 186), and last but not least your friend and mine Mr. Crimper (pg. 192).

1 comment:

Becky L. Beck said...

Just the cutest card I've ever seen. I LOVE red... and I love all the ideas... I've never used embossing... maybe I can learn at your class? Hope so.... can't wait to see you. Great job blogging... I'm a disgrace to the Blog Industry for sure... EEK>