Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

If your name is Emily...............................

Marla, Kameryn, Emily and I were headed down the Guide to Bellingham yesterday, and happened upon this sign (I'm sure you've seen it) .....................


It was in front of M & M Floral.......................................

So what do 2 responsible mom's do? They flip the car around - the whole time the girl named Emily is saying "mom, no, please don't make me do it" :-) That's the whole point and the more she didn't want to do it, the more it pushed me onward! :-) (Now, I must interject - it's not child abuse, cuz' it wasn't a full out whine - there was a small smirk and giggle involved on her part!)

The lady in the store was precious and Let Emily walk into the cooler of roses and pick any rose she wanted! There was every color in the rainbow - seriously - I mean that.......................

Yes - my daughter picked the blue one - it was cool! they even put a water tube on the end to preserve it! I'm telling you - they made a customer out of me - but, I guess that was the whole point!

See - she doesn't look too scarred does she?

They said to watch the sign all summer, because the name will change every week - hope you get a rose!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

They did our wedding, and do beautiful work. They try very hard to give each client exactly what they want... including a blue rose, I guess!

Angela said...

Yep, our wedding too... I send everyone there... very reasonably priced!

Gavin's Family said...

What do you mean they made a customer out of you, I thought I was our florist of choice!

Musicmom-Amy said...

How fun!!! And that you had a camera too!

Holly said...

Sometimes you just have to make your kids do things even when they don't want too!!! I love the color-even matches her shirt!!!
tyler has a weird trait with his shoulder, not much cartiledge (sp) up there which can cause his shoulder to pop in and out, but it's not torn!!! (Too bad, cuz he loves choc. chip cookies!!) Now it's his foot...same as Max!!! Hopefully he'll be back to work tomorrow!!!
How's the job going? would love to get together with you!

theSNAPsisters said...

cool! Blue rose is something Hana would pick!