Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Woods girls night out!

Wednesday night I got to go out with the team of Wood's girls from the store on the Guide by Safeway. This is where they've been training me to be a barista - and they are SOOOOOOOOOOO patient - and fun!! They invited me to go with them on their night out! It's such a great concept...................Woods pays for each store, every quarter to go out for an evening, have fun and relax. They call it their team building event.

First we headed for pedicures - isn't that the best! We all six got our feet prettied up - which is great since these ladies work hard on their feet all the time!

Then, we headed to Boulevard Woods for iced drinks and a great view! If you haven't been there, it's a definite "must do". You can sit out on the patio there and take in the view, or get a drink and walk the boardwalk. Great date night!


After this we headed to dinner and then home (since some of these poor girls have to be to work by 5:15 AM!! They haven't asked me do that yet - which I'm grateful! :-)

I'm really enjoying my job with Woods. Yesterday they put me on the bar to make drinks, it was crazy busy with a line up the whole time - but I love the rush of adrenaline!! I think I'm actually "getting it"!!

Enjoy the beautiful days we've been having, and maybe head out to Boulevard park!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Who knew you were becoming a Woods girl yourself? Talk about the perfect job for you.... with coffee! Glad you had fun, and were home on time.

Jodi said...

I love that woods..so quaint!

Amanda DeHoog said...

Looks like f-u-n! I want those flilp flops with the black flower and amber jewel . . . can you find out where they are from?!?!?!? :) I know, I'm crazy!

Kathi said...

What a great idea to promote team building. I took me a bit to figure out which foot was yours (on right w/ toe ring?)
Missed seeing you this week...better get back to the condo or I'll miss happy hour. Had another hard day of golf and pool time...see you soon.