Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby it's cold.....inside?

My list of "to dos" has been piling up and among the ever present bins and Christmas decor that needed to be finished putting away, is the freezer encrusted in ice. I've been waiting to do it when Randy is home on a Saturday so he can help me. I usually handle this chore alone, but this is the first time I've had a freezer in the house and not in the garage. Normally, I empty it out and hose it down and clean my garage floor while I'm at it - but in the house it's very different.

Here's how it looked in the beginning...........................
the food waiting patiently to go back in.........................
AFTER! It's such a good feeling to get that chore done!! I open the door when I go back there just because it looks so great! :-)
Yes, this is the same shelf that was full of ice.......................I also got all the Christmas decor packed up, bins re-labeled (I love my labeling machine!!), got them put away back in the shop(thanks to Randy), and got the house clean and back to normal. (and no, the decorating fairy DID NOT show up much to my disappointment!! We did have some friends for coffee real quick after church today - and SHE IS DEFINITELY A DECORATING FAIRY - and she just told me it looked wonderful - I appreciate it, but it's just looking yuk to me) I do realize that in the picture below I have 2 plants on my coffee table - above and below - I did move the bottom one!)
We were having the friends for dinner, so after I got all the chores done, I got the table set.................
hopped in the shower at 5:15 and they arrived at 6.

Great day - got lots done - and keeping me going was the goal of relaxing with friends - I work better with incentive!!

2 comments:

one blessed mama said...

looks pretty good to me!!
also, is that HOMEMADE bread in the freezer???? you are little miss susie homemaker! :)

Becky L. Beck said...

Janice, Your house is beautiful and I love the table setting. So proud of your clean freezer in the garage. WOW; you have inspired me for SURE. Good Job!!