Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Monday, January 25, 2010

To market, to market, to buy a.............

This last Friday night I headed down to Seattle - the big city if you will!!

I took Em and her friends to a party and then hit the freeway South. I have money that Nathan gave me for Christmas that I had not spent yet, so of course I stopped in Marysville at the Outlet mall! I was able to unload all my money at the GAP just fine! I know everyone has a place that like to get their jeans and I must say, the GAP is that place for me. My favorite is the "long and lean" jean - not that I'm long and lean - but they work!!

After about a 1 1/2 hour stop I headed on down and met Trisha, Lavon and Kim at the hotel. From there we went to the Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed a great dinner and of course CHEESECAKE!! Then, we headed back to the room and looked over the catalog with the rep we would be meeting with the next day. Of course, those 3 are the masterminds and I just watch in awe as they pick things out and talk about trends and looks. You know me, I did give an opinion now and then (probably more than I should have:-), but they definitely didn't need me.

You obviously needed a scarf to be in this group....................
Wouldn't you just love to know what is in those bags?!?!?
The days were long(these girls are night owls), and my feet thanked me every night when we crawled into bed. But it was such a honor to be asked to join them and I am so blessed to have a job I love and have bosses that treat me so well. Of course you throw my friend Kim in the mix and it made for a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Kathi said...

WHAT!?! You spend all your money without me! Are we ever going to go shopping together?!?
Signed, the LONELY SHOPPER

Trisha Brink Design said...

Well Janie-poo, We were happy to have you come on down and join us in the big city for a few days. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself...and that you were able to help us out with bling-a-ringing our jewelry department!!! It was a fun weekend; and remember..." if ya trow it in da wash it'll be jus fine!" :o) Tee-hee-hee!

one blessed mama said...

what a fun way to spend a weekend. such great gals!!