Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

stop, breathe, and take down the decorations

Well, here I am - I survived inventory (so far :-) !! The big week is over (50 hours) and no more 10-12 days ahead, but still lots I have to get done!

For today - I am home, I've taken down Christmas in my bedroom and the guest bath, I have bread rising, and had coffee with my 2 BFF's this morning - AHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I love home and routine!

FINALLY - I am taking down Christmas today!! I believe this is the latest I've ever had it up and NOW it's time.

I'm still trying to decide if I should leave the lighted garland above my cabinets and add the snowflake ornaments from the tree to it and leave my pinecone/frosty greens centerpiece on the island for the rest of January.

Part of me wants to take it all down, clean like a fool and be done, but part of me still wants some twinkling lights in the house. What do you think?? Anybody else leaving some remnants of the holidays up?

I'd better keep moving, I want it ALL DONE by bed tonight!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I hate it that all the Christmas is down...love the soft, twinkly lights too!! Still have my fireplace garland up because I love the lights, but it does look a little out of place now that everything else is so bare:(

Jodi said...

yep. I still have my "ode to snow" up:)

Tami said...

it is hard to take it all down. I always think I will leave something up and then end up taking it all down.
The bins are out... they must be filled.