Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Baking and sampling!!


I love being snowed in! Well - I realize we're not technically "snowed in", but since I don't like driving in ANY snow, I consider myself "officially snowed in". The best part is, 1)my gifts are all done, even the handmade ones, and that means no last minute crunch, 2) the Christmas baking is actually getting done, 3) I'm making progress on the afghan I started 2 years ago for Nathan (since he's 6'4" I think I'll be crocheting forever!), 4) I've gotten to watch a couple of my most favorite Christmas movies,5) and last but not least, I have eaten, and eaten, and eaten!!!

Here are the almond sticks wrapped and ready to hand out!

Brandon reminded me yesterday that we hadn't made donuts yet!! It's our family tradition to make donuts (mom makes them) when it snows! So yesterday I whipped out these babies! They're called "Crispy and Creamy Donuts" and they are yummy!

Here's what was left after we had our friends over last night!

And here's MAX enjoying the fireplace and just "chillin" - is that the craziest way for a dog to sit or what?!? It cracks me up everytime.


Tomorrow I will post more of the Christmas goodies!

1 comment:

Musicmom-Amy said...

Okay, you didn't post the recipe :D