Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Friday, December 26, 2008

A White Christmas!


I'm dreaming of a White Christmas.........................

Randy and I went for a 4-wheeler ride in the beautiful snow and sunshine. He had me take a picture from the back side of our house - isn't that beautiful? I think I see a Christmas card for next year!! The best part is - you can't tell that we have absolutely NO landscaping.......just beautiful snow!

On Christmas Eve I mixed up the dough for Orange Bowknots and shaped them and set them in the garage overnight (because my 2 fridges were too full :-) and then I took them out about 6:30am and popped them in the oven at 8:30 and by 9:00 we had nummy, fresh rolls (with scrambled eggs and maple bacon! These are so good! If I get enough cries for the recipe, I'll post it. It's my friend Sally's recipe and they're a tradition at her house - and at ours now too!

My brother and his family arrived safely from Florida on Christmas Eve, so we went over for coffee at my mom's Christmas morning. This is me and my brother Steve, we're only 1 1/2 years apart so we grew up fighting like cats and dogs, but now I kinda' like the ol'guy! :-)


We are having my family all over on Sat. so the whole gang will be together then, as my brother and his family from Corvallis are coming up today! I'm so glad we'll all be together - this is the first time since my dad died (just over 6 months - can you believe?) that we'll all be here. That will be so nice - especially for my mom!

Even tho' none of us looked our best I had my brother take a picture of us by mom's tree. I don't have a picture of all of us together since last December - that is so sad!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your house is gorgeous Janice! Love it, it should definitely be your card... kudos to Randy for the beautiful home!