Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ahhhh......now that's better

Yes - we are HOME!! Yesterday about 12noon we ALL headed home. Randy left early in the van to go get Nathan's prescriptions ahead of time, and Nathan and I rode home in the ambulance.

Here we are leaving the 7th Floor - Trauma Surgery - we're outta here!!
Then they loaded him in the ambulance.......................
After a 2 hour ride - we arrived.....................HOME! The sun was shining and I do believe I heard angels singing :-) !!
We took Nathan in his wheelchair and we all sat out on the back porch in the sun.

We had visitors...........................................
We barbequed on the patio and enjoyed our home....................................
Today, we have just enjoyed being home. Randy worked outside all day. We got more settled in and got Nathan's room set up better. Did laundry. Baked bread. Made dinner. Enjoyed visitors. Took Nathan out for a walk in his wheelchair.

Still coveting your prayers, still some things that I try not to worry about, still pain issues, lots of tough work ahead.......but our son is home!!

Psalm 36:5&6
Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep.......verse 7 - How priceless is your unfailing love!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Looks awesome! We drove by your place today and were hoping/thinking you ALL made it home!

Trisha Brink Design said...

Yay! I'm so glad you can have some sort of normalcy in your own home now. God is good. Still praying for you all.....

Katie Bedient said...

I'm so glad that he's settling in well and that he's come so far! I'll continue to pray for you all! And as Psalm 41:13 says, "Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, who lives from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and amen!" God is so great! I hope that you have a fantastic Mother's Day!!

P.S. I don't know if you got my other message but we still have some of Nathan's laundry at our house. When would be a good time to drop it off?

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you all this afternoon! Still seems unreal that you're home already, but it was good to see Nathan back in Whatcom County again! I thought that'd be months away! God is good! Happy Mother's Day to you Janice!
~Love, Cheryl (and Dave & Kaden too)~

Cynthia Bateman said...

How wonderful that Nathan is home!!!

"Still coveting your prayers, still some things that I try not to worry about, still pain issues,..."

So many "stills". Here are a few more for you.

For Nathan:

Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
Psalm 4:3-5

O God, You have taught me from my youth,And I still declare Your wondrous deeds.
Psalm 71:16-18


For all of you:


"It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
Isaiah 65:23-25


It was good to see you in church yesterday! I look forward to the Sunday when we see Nathan there!

Cynthia