Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

On the road again................

Yesterday our chauffeur (ok - ambulance),
picked us up a little before 8am and we headed back down to Harborview for a clinic with the "Green Team". Nathan actually had the blue, green and red teams all work on him, but the green team handled his clinic yesterday.

They took the stitches out of his knee and hand, and this means that OFFICIALLY there is not a staple or a stitch left in his body!! Woo hoo! They put his left leg in a brace that will allow him to bend his knee, and removed the cast from his right arm and put on a removable splint.

We had thought they were going to do xrays, but they didn't do anything like that. Just the knee and right hand were dealt with.

We headed home at 3:30, traffic and weather were horrible, and it took over 3 hours to get home!! A VERY LONG DAY!

Nathan is now going to Physical Therapy twice a week, and I anticipate things to start getting a little tougher in that department, as I know Uncle Steve is ready to start pushing him through some tough stuff and on to the road to recovery. He is still struggling with anxiety and this is huge, so please continue to pray or him.

Yesterday as we were leaving Harborview, the driver of our ambulance told us they had just brought another motorcycle accident in by medflight. He said that it didn't look very hopeful for this guy. How I am reminded of the hope that we have in God, and when things "didn't look very good" for Nathan - our God knew the plans he had for him..........................
Jer. 29:11,12
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD,..........................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that Nathan has ALL stitches and staples out, casts off! We will continue to pray as the PT moves forward. The Lord does have great plans for this young man! Blessings, susi

Unknown said...

I saw that accident on the freeway. It really didn't look good from my view. I am so glad that Nathan is comparatively doing well and will keep praying! God IS good!