Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just because it looks like spring............

Okay - I love it, crisp,sunny & slightly warm days........but just because it looks like spring doesn't mean it is spring! Today my neighbor called to see if I wanted to go for a walk with her. I've been meaning to start walking, I'm just so bad at doing these things alone - it was so pleasant - the weather, the company, even the exercise part of it was pleasant with a friend! I can't bear the thought that we have to go back to cold, wet & windy days. Rumor has it we might be in for one more snowstorm the end of Feb - worse than the Dec. storm - I can't bear the thought! If we do get another snowstorm - I vow to scrapbook the days away!

This morning I started my routine with a latte'. I really missed this little routine of mine while we were gone.

This is the lovely mug that my friend Marla gave me for Christmas - it matches my office perfectly!
This beautiful primrose is a new breed to me. It's a double flower primrose. My friend Adri was celebrating completing chemo (for the 2nd time) and a friend from church had a Par"tea" for her. Adri gave us all one of these gorgeous little flowers - doesn't it just make you smile?

I ordered 195 pictures today from our trip. I'm going to try a new scrapbook style that's supposed to be super duper quick and easy. I'm making it to send to Doug and Lori as their camera was stolen on our trip. Hopefully I'll pick up the pics tomorrow and dig in. I'll post pics of my progress. Hmmm - maybe I do need a snowstorm :-)!

3 comments:

Tami said...

I love February! The weather is usually nice. Love is in the air and the primroses are so cheery.
Glad you had a nice trip! Good luck with the scrapping. Will you make two books? Or send your friends the prints?

Musicmom-Amy said...

Fingers in the ears "la, la, la" about more snow.

Are you doing Stacey Julian style of scrapbooking? I took a class from her at CKC and it was wonderful!!!

theSNAPsisters said...

Oh I have the same latte routine but sometimes it's extra special because my hubby makes it for me:)