Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We're Home!

Our last formal night on the ship - does my man clean up nice or what?!?!?!


Sorry I haven't posted, but with all the catching up to do, it didn't seem to be very high on the priority list!

We left Sydney at noon on Wednesday the 28th, and arrived in Vancouver at 7:30am on Wednesday the 28th. Isn't that the wierdest concept? Our friends Craig and Debbie picked us up (yes, they had to get up at 5:30am - aren't they awesome?), and then we had breakfast once we reached Lynden. I brought the kids Dairy Queen lunch at school, they seemed more excited about the hot lunch than about seeing me, but I'm sure I misunderstood :-)! Brandon just wanted to know if I was making dinner that night!!!!

Saturday Randy had ski patrol, so I spent the day washing windows,doing laundry, cleaning the house, washing the car inside and out, and cleaning down the front porch - I will be sooooooooo glad when we have a yard planted to hold down some of that dirt!!

Sunday we went to the boat show with Jansens and Raskes and then came home in time for the Superbowl. Was that a tense game at the end or what! Pretty fun!

I desperately am wanting to get in my scrappin' room and get some scrapbooking done, but I have a few more pressing things to catch up on yet.

Loving the sunshine - missing the heat........................ah, reality!

This isa picutre taken on our last night in Sydney. We were staying at Irene's house - she's a friend of Doug and Lori's. John, Rene, Noah, and Elijah came and joined us for Thai food on the patio. It was an absolutely delightful evening!


While we were at Irene's we went for a walk along the path that goes along the rocks and past several different beaches over to famous Bondi Beach. Absolutely gorgeous!

Doug and Lori on our last formal night..................what great friends they are!!

Well, no more vacation pics, just on to real life here at Korthuis Manor. I do love being home and playing house in my beautiful abode. I'm back to cranking out the meals and tonight I'm making my 2nd batch of bread in 1 week - I think they missed it!

2 comments:

theSNAPsisters said...

Wow - looks like you had a fantastic trip!

Musicmom-Amy said...

Welcome home!!! Look at you, Miss Martha baking bread and all. You MUST share your secret and maybe we should have a bread making session at your house. And scrap while the bread rises :D