Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Preparing to let go.............

Well here I am less than 4 months to graduation and the tears are starting to well up at any moment without notice!! Last night I finished filling out the FAFSA (a government torture for parents of college bound students), and I'm sure when I hit the "submit" button the angels sang! You know - it's one of those moments when you feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

Anyways, now today, Senior ads are due for the annual. Senior ads are when parents put a picture and a short message in the annual for their Senior. Last night I was going through pictures to pick the right one - and here they come - the tears! I started writing our message today, and again - the tears! Then today I was having lunch with my mom and talking about how in 6 months we'll be taking him to college, and again - the tears! Wow - it's not even my emotional time of the month.

So if you are talking to me sometime, and the tears come - just put out your shoulder for me to cry on - I'm afraid these next 6 months are going to fly by much too quickly!

Here's my cutie pie "dandelion fluff" as he was dubbed by a friend! I call him "Brandon boy" or "bud".

Brandon has been such a joy to parent! I can't believe I have to start letting go...........................

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man.... Janice he was a doll! I love that picture... the hair! I am having heartache over doing Weston's book already... I can't imagine looking back on those pictures 17 years from now... I'll call you to come cry with me!

theSNAPsisters said...

I get that-cute pic!

Tanya said...

I cannot believe my "dandelion fluff" is going to college this coming fall. I love how he use to call me "Nanya". I think the two of us are going to be bawling through graduation together. I'll be sure to bring the BIG box of Kleenex. - Tanya