Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

An awesome slumberless party!

They came, they laughed, they ate, they scrapbooked, they snacked, they napped (since a short night of sleep doesn't count for anything but a nap) and we all had a blast!!



People come and go because of their schedules - but we were the fullest Friday night with 15 ladies!! What fun! The house got up to 77 degrees - with all the lights on, cricut machines running, and ladies talking :-) the place really heated up!!

Leave it to Kathi to match her scrappin storage............................simply adorable!

Poor Becky was having hot flashes, and scrappin' was stressing her out so much she had to go outside to take a smoke break - she prefers to smoke stampin' write markers!!

Saturday for lunch we had fresh homemade rolls. I gave Tami (the baking goddess) a tutorial on how to shape rolls. A friend taught me this technique years ago and it's the best method! Yes, I'm aware in my pajamas and for your information I stayed in them all day - I can't remember the last time I stayed in jammies all day - it's the best! (I know the jammies are adorable - my friend Debbie-doo gave them to me for Christmas with matching fur cuffed slippers!)

All in all - it's on of the best ways to spend a weekend - doesn't it look like it?

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Thanks for a weekend of fun! It was a great time of fellowship and felt good to get pages completed. You are an amazing hostess!

Kathi said...

Wish I could have stayed longer - thanks for a great evening! You're an awesome hostess.

Unknown said...

You are truly blessed with a gift Janice. All of your hard work and effort is soooo appreciated. Truly, you are the hostess with by far the mostess!

Tami said...

You little hostess you!
It was fun and I relived my Hawaii trip while creating the pages and since that is as close as I am getting this year, it was great.

Very, very nice accommodations, thanks emily!
Very, very delicious food too, thanks janice!

theSNAPsisters said...

Thanks for the scrapping 24 hour stay. Great friends and food. You have a lovely home-thanks for sharing it:)