Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Etc..............


It's about 12:30 and Nathan has been in surgery for 4 1/2 hours.? to go.................... Today he is number #695.

We did find out that they are planning on fixing the hip, the pelvis, AND the left elbow today - it needs a metal plate.
I'm terribly emotional today because of the mental image of my son having to be cut open and worked on............Randy says it's a good day for him as he says it means progress - I get that - still weepy.

The comments on the blog are encouraging, overwhelming, strengthening, and bring tears. All good things!

My cousin sent me this verse in an email - LOVE IT, I must share............
Isaiah 40 v 29-31 “ He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. … those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.”

That's me - boy howdy - that's me.................................................

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jan,
I Am Praying For You Guys! Tell Nate That He Better Get Better So That We Strotz's Can Have Our Scary Bird Chase Him Around The House!
Love You Guys

Kari

Claudia said...

Hi Janice, Randy, & Nathan. Been thinking of you three all morning as I ran errands in Bellingham. We are praying. I have my womens bible study tonight, where Bethany is telling of her trips to Hondurious and Haiti. We always have prayer requests and tonight, I will bring you three to my group to pray and uphold.
We will come along side and walk thru this with you guys in any way we can. I hope you know that.
I am praying for a calm, quiet waiting time with much praising and rejoicing when Nathan comes out of surgery. Love and Hugs Claludia

Anonymous said...

Janice and Family,
Thank you for keeping us all posted on Nathan. There are so many people lifting all of you up in prayer. Know that I am praying for guidance and wisdom for his doctors & nurses throughout this long day of surgery. He will continue to be in my prayers and for your whole family to feel God's love surround each and every one of you.
With love,
Maria W.

Holly said...

Been praying out on the riding mower today. You are all constantly in my thoughts and my heart breaks for the struggles you are facing.
But what hope you (we) have in our wonderful, amazing Father!! He is so good, so faithful, so loving.

It's so wonderful to get the updates from you. Please continue!!! Is there an address we can reach you at??

Oh, Ashleigh's added him to her list as well and sharing with her roomies and youth group staff. Mighty powerful words being lifted up for this "big boy"!!!

Tanya said...

Hey there...we've been praying all day! Praise God that the doctors feel Nathan is strong enough to fix his elbow today along with everything else! We love you guys and will just keep praying for more good things!