Life At Korthuis Manor

Life At Korthuis Manor
Captain Randy and his First Mate!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Number #588

Today Nathan was patient number #588
The surgeon walked in the "holding" tank and asked me to go for a walk - talk about FREAK OUT - that just shook me up a bit. Marla TK, Donna and my mom stayed behind, and Judy and I followed the Dr. on about a 10 minute walk to a library where he sat us in front of a couple computers and ran through every inch of Nathan's "befores" and "afters" for us.

That boy will have enough hardware to open a store when this is done!!

They are in the process of waking him up and getting ready to pull his breathing tubes - pray for him.

Dr. Routt is expecting that in 8-9 days we should be able to leave Harborview. This is where the big decision making process comes in for the what, where, why and how of that.

Randy and I were just talking with Nathan, and I told him if he worked hard that we would be going home in a few days - he opened his eyes, raised his eyebrows, and shook his head like "no way mom - are you crazy"? That's my boy!

Here are a couple fun pics I stole off of Facebook - thanks Greg!
Does that kid look fun or what?!?! :-)

Here's another verse sent to me. God's word is my strength right now - an encouragement in my time of need.

Lamentations 3:22&23
Because of the Lord's Great love we are not consumed for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Praising God for the great outcome today...breathing tube coming out! Out of Harborview in 8-9 days...WOW!! We will just keep praying!

Anonymous said...

Love you all - though I haven't called today, have been in my thoughts, prayers and conversations. God is good . . . all the time. Love ya Debbie

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on Nathan. We are continually lifting all of you up in prayer. Keep strong! God IS good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,
Our store was quiet today and I was glad because I was able to Pray all day for your family and the Hanowells (haven't felt like working since I heard about both of you and what you're going thru, so we keep Praying!) Keep looking up and we can't wait to have you all back home soon!
Jean

Trisha Brink Design said...

As you know Janice the whole group from Grandiflora is praying for you and your situation. We wish we could be there with you...hoping you know we are in spirit and prayer. Lots of hugs from all the Grandiflora Girls!

Anonymous said...

Hey that's my pool!! It's going to be very hard to see Nathan not his usual active self for awhile... Praying for physical strength for him and continued emotional and spiritual strength for the family!

Much love,
Trisha Heusinkveld